These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are a tasty low-carb way to enjoy the flavor combination of chicken, cream cheese, and Buffalo sauce.
I use sweet pointed red peppers for this dish. These peppers are native to Italy and are sweet like red bell pepper. I use them because they’re not hot and they’re long and flat when cut down the middle, leaving lots of room for filling, like a boat.
Sweet pointed peppers and bell peppers are low in carbs and make a perfect vessel for any filling.
If you can’t find sweet pointed peppers, you can use poblano peppers or any color bell peppers. Look for ones that are uniform around the middle, so they’ll stay upright in the pan while baking.
These keto stuffed peppers make a quick dinnertime meal. We keep them on the dinner rotation because they’re easy and make a great low-carb meal that the whole family likes.
We use Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce for this recipe. You can use the original Frank’s Red Hot Sauce too. They’re very similar. There is very little sugar in this hot sauce. You’ll get less than 1 gram of carbs in the serving size.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Start by cutting the peppers in half lengthwise. and taking out the pith and seeds. It’s not necessary to remove the whole white rib of the pepper like you would a jalapeno, because these peppers aren’t hot.
Arrange the peppers in a baking dish and put them in the oven by themselves for about 5 minutes. If you don’t pre-bake them, the peppers can turn out a bit underdone. Or you’ll have to overcook the ingredients to properly cook the pepper.
To prepare the filling, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and half the Frank’s hot sauce in a bowl. Stir it all together until well combined.
You the filling to stuff the peppers evenly. Then top with the remaining shredded cheese. Set the peppers back into a baking dish so they aren’t too crowded together. There’s no need to spray the pan.
Bake the dish in the oven for about 15 minutes. The tops should be bubbly and golden before you remove them from the oven.
To finish, drizzle the remaining buffalo sauce and the blue cheese dressing over the top.
It’s super important to have high-quality chicken to make this recipe with. I’m a huge fan of the 100% free range chicken from ButcherBox. It’s a meat subscription box that’s delivered to your door monthly with the cuts of meat you choose. All the meat is humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones. I appreciate the peace of mind that gives.
Other Recipes to Try
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 peppers (red pointed peppers or bell peppers)
- 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken breast
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 3 tbsp Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C)
- Slice the peppers lengthwise and place them in a large baking dish. Season with half the salt. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, half the buffalo wing sauce, and the remaining salt in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stuffed the peppers evenly with the filling. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is bubbly on top.
- To finish, transfer 2 halves to each plate. Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing.
- There are 6 net grams of carbs in each serving (2 pepper halves). To lower the carb count, use a smaller pepper or add more filling to one half instead of two halves.
- You can use any type of pepper you like. We mostly use red pointed peppers, bell peppers, poblanos, and anaheim peppers.
- You can use Frank’s red hot sauce or Frank’s buffalo wing sauce interchangably.
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Pin it for later