These honey sesame baked chicken wings are best served as finger food for an outdoor party or as the main course for a family dinner. Pair these wings with the side of your choice for a complete meal.
We get in the habit of only serving chicken wings at a party, but miss out on the joy of eating wings for lunch or dinner. Why not make these delicious chicken wings tonight!
The incredible Asian flavors in the sauce we make for these wings will win you over, for sure. It turns out salty and sweet, plus a little bit sticky. Just the right combination for a glaze on these chicken wings. You might like our Keto orange chicken with some of the same Asian flavors.
You’ll be craving more before you even finish licking your fingers. Baking the wings helps cut down on extra fat and calories from deep frying, but these wings aren’t particularly low in calories.
Keep that in mind as you nosh on them. They are, however, delightfully low in carbs.
Ingredients You Need
- Chicken wings – You’ll want around 1 pound of wings per person. This recipe makes 4 servings, which is a good sized dinner portion.
- Sauce ingredients: soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, unsalted butter, fresh ginger, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to season the wings
- White sesame seeds for garnish
How to Make Honey Sesame Wings
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Season the wings with salt and black pepper. Place a metal rack inside the baking sheet and arrange the seasoned wings on top of the rack. This will help the grease and fat run off the wings and make them a little more healthy.
- Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the sesame garlic sauce by heating the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Then you can remove the sauce from the heat, until you’re ready to use it on the wings.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken wings from the oven and transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Return the wings to the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven when they’re done and toss the wings with the remaining honey sesame sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately.
How Many Carbs in Chicken Wings
The chicken wings themselves have no carbs, so they make a very good keto ingredient. They do have quite a bit of fat, but that’s not a problem on a keto diet. The carbs in this dish all come from the sauce.
Honey has quite a bit of carbs, due to the sugar content. With the full amount of sauce, this recipe has 10 grams of total carbs, which is 9 grams of net carbs. If you want to cut the carbs down, use half the sauce or decrease the amount of honey you use.
You can also use a low-carb replacement instead of honey, which will greatly reduce the carbs in this recipe. I like to use the Wholesome Yum keto maple syrup as a substitute. The maple flavor is a great substitute.
You might also like
Like this recipe? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey preferably local
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh ginger very finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Season wings with salt and black pepper. Place metal trivet inside baking sheet. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sesame garlic sauce by heating the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat.
- After 30 minutes, remove chicken wings from oven and transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Return the wings to the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Like this recipe? Pin it on Pinteres!
Laura is an avid home cook and recipe creator. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.