These honey sesame baked chicken wings are best served as finger food for an outdoor party or as the main course for a family dinner. Pair these wings with the side of your choice for a complete meal.
We get in the habit of only serving chicken wings at a party, but miss out on the joy of eating wings for a regular meal. Why not make these delicious chicken wings for dinner tonight!
The incredible Asian flavors in the sauce we make for these wings will win you over, for sure. It turns out salty and sweet, plus a little bit sticky. Just the right combination for a glaze on these chicken wings.
You’ll be craving more before you even finish licking your fingers. Baking the wings helps cut down on extra fat and calories from deep frying, but these wings aren’t particularly low in calories.
Keep that in mind as you nosh on them. They are, however, delightfully low in carbs.
These chicken wings go really well along side this Asian Cabbage Salad. Keep it light and enjoy these flavors together for a complete meal.
Like this recipe? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey preferably local
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh ginger very finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Season wings with salt and black pepper. Place metal trivet inside baking sheet. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sesame garlic sauce by heating the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat.
- After 30 minutes, remove chicken wings from oven and transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Return the wings to the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately.