This keto-friendly Baked Crack Chicken combines chicken, cream cheese, bacon, shredded cheddar, and Ranch dressing mix into an irresistibly good main dish.
You’ve likely seen recipes for crack chicken on the Internet. For some time it was one of the most popular recipes on Pinterest, particularly among low-carb and keto dieters.
The original dish is made with shredded chicken cream cheese, bacon, shredded cheddar, and Ranch dressing mix all mixed together. I love those ingredients, but I never really loved the way it was all mushed together.
So I reimagined it into a baked crack chicken, that has those ingredients as a topping for baked chicken breast.
How to Make Baked Crack Chicken
Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise, so you end up with pieces that weigh around 3-4 ounces each. Lay those into a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Next, mix up the topping by combining softened cream cheese, half the shredded cheddar, half the bacon bits, and the Ranch dressing mix into a bowl.
Top the chicken with the mixture, spreading it out evenly over the top of the chicken. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake the chicken for 25 minutes on 375 degrees F. Once it’s removed from the oven, top it with the remaining bacon bits and sliced green onions.
What to Serve With Baked Crack Chicken
This Baked Crack Chicken is best served with a side of cauliflower rice, or a side salad like this Strawberry Spinach Salad. I also use this list of sides to serve with stuffed peppers as inspiration. All of these sides also go well with Crack Chicken.
Other Recipes to Try
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Baked Crack Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup bacon lardons divided
- 1 tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Spread evenly in a baking dish.
- Mix together the cream cheese, half the cheddar, half the bacon, and the Ranch dressing mix in a bowl. Spoon over the top of the chicken pieces, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. When done, pull it out of the oven and top with the remaining bacon and green onions.