Try this Keto Chicken & Bacon Salad in place of your typical garden salad. It’s packed with the high-fat, low-carb ingredients you’re looking for.
I love a simple chicken salad for lunch, but I have to admit that I get a little bored of the regular chicken, tomato, and cucumber I usually put it in. This Chicken & Bacon Salad is packed with flavorful ingredients that spice it up!
Eating a garden salad for lunch is great for a low-carb diet, as long as you mind the veggies you use so you don’t go overboard with the carbs. But often I find myself reaching to balance the fat ratios in my diet. That’s where this salad shines.
It has chicken thighs for added flavor and fat, blue cheese, tomatoes, and a quick sugar-free vinaigrette dressing. I use a wild lettuce mix in this salad. You can substitute for another type of lettuce or even with baby spinach, if you want.
This salad is simple, but delicious, and it checks all the boxes for a keto lunch.
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Chicken & Bacon Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper divided
- 8 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 cups wild lettuce mix
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1 large tomato chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and half the black pepper. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Once cooled, roughly chop the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Divide the lettuce among the bowls. Add the blue cheese, tomatoes, chopped chicken, and crumbled bacon. Drizzle with the dressing. Top with the remaining black pepper.
Pin it for later