This Buffalo Stuffed Chicken is a easy weeknight meal, stuffed with cream cheese and blue cheese, then baked with a buffalo sauce glaze and topped with blue cheese dressing.
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, then this buffalo stuffed chicken is going to become your new favorite dish.
Stuffed with blue cheese and cream cheese, then crushed with buffalo sauce, this chicken has all the flavors you love about buffalo chicken wings.
The blue cheese filling gets all warm and melted inside, and when you cut into it, there’s just the right amount of filling to chicken in each bite.
How to Make Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
You’ll want to use plump boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, so they are fat enough to cut a pocket in the middle.
The easiest way to cut the pocket is to place the chicken piece flat on the table, then put your hand flat on the top. With a sharp knife, slice through the center of the chicken, taking care not to break through the other side. It’s even easier if the chicken is slightly frozen.
Use a small knife, like a paring knife rather than a large utility or chef’s knife, so you have more control.
Once the pocket is cut into the chicken pieces, put them aside and mix up the filling. This is just cream cheese and blue cheese. If you don’t like blue cheese, you can leave it out, or replace it with a different cheese like feta or gorgonzola, which is less pungent than blue.
Get a scoop of filling on a spoon and pack it into the pocket of the chicken. When all pieces have been stuffed, wash your hands. You can secure the edges of the chicken with a toothpick, if you like. It’s not necessary, but it does keep the filling from pouring out as it cooks.
Pour some buffalo sauce into a dish. Using a basting brush, paint the buffalo sauce all over the outsides of the chicken. Place the chicken in a baking dish, with at least an inch of space in between each.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes on 375 degrees F. The final cooking time depends on how thick your chicken pieces were. If they are thin, they’ll need 25 minutes. For thick, they’ll need up to 30 minutes to cook through.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken to be sure they are done. They should register 165 degrees.
For serving, drizzle the chicken with extra buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing.
What to Serve With Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
This chicken goes well with a lot of different side dishes. Try it with these dishes:
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and use a sharp small-bladed knife to cut a pocket into each piece, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Set chicken aside.
- Add the cream cheese and blue cheese to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Stuff each chicken piece with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the chicken in a 9″x13″ baking dish. Pour half of the buffalo sauce into a small dish. Brush it evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken registers 165 degrees.
- To serve, pour blue cheese dressing and the remaining buffalo sauce over the top of each piece.