This Buffalo Stuffed Chicken is a easy weeknight meal. It’s stuffed with cream cheese and blue cheese, then baked with a buffalo sauce glaze and topped with blue cheese dressing.
» You may also like this Low-Carb Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast.
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, then this buffalo stuffed chicken is going to become your new favorite dish.
I love buffalo sauce and am always looking for creative ways to incorporate it into a meal. This recipe was inspired by this recipe from That Low Carb Life. It’s stuffed with blue cheese and cream cheese, then covered with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. I’ve left out the ranch dressing and opted to use blue cheese dressing instead.
The blue cheese filling gets all warm and melted inside, and when you cut into it, there’s just the right amount of filling to chicken in each bite.
We’re huge fans of blue cheese in my house. You might also like this Flank Steak Salad with Blue Cheese.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken breasts – Boneless and skinless. You’ll want to use plump boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, so they are fat enough to cut a pocket in the middle.
- Cream cheese – Softened
- Blue cheese – Crumbles. You could also use gorgonzola or feta.
- Buffalo sauce – You can find this at your local grocery store. It’s a great low carb sauce.
- Blue cheese dressing – We use this homemade blue cheese dressing because we know everything in it so there is no hidden sugar to through you off.
How to Make Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
You’ll want to use plump boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, so they are fat enough to cut a pocket in the middle.
The easiest way to cut the pocket is to place the chicken piece flat on the table, then put your hand flat on the top. With a sharp knife, slice through the center of the chicken, taking care not to break through the other side. It’s even easier if the chicken is slightly frozen.
Use a small knife, like a paring knife rather than a large utility or chef’s knife, so you have more control.
Once the pocket is cut into the chicken pieces, put them aside and mix up the filling. This is just cream cheese and blue cheese. If you don’t like blue cheese, you can leave it out, or replace it with a different cheese like feta or gorgonzola, which is less pungent than blue.
Get a scoop of filling on a spoon and pack it into the pocket of the chicken. When all pieces have been stuffed, wash your hands. You can secure the edges of the chicken with a toothpick, if you like. It’s not necessary, but it does keep the filling from pouring out as it cooks.
Pour some buffalo sauce into a dish. Using a basting brush, paint the buffalo sauce all over the outsides of the chicken. Place the chicken in a baking dish, with at least an inch of space in between each.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes on 375° F. The final cooking time depends on how thick your chicken pieces were. If they are thin, they’ll need 25 minutes. For thick, they’ll need up to 30 minutes to cook through.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken to be sure they are done. They should register 165 degrees.
For serving, drizzle the chicken with extra buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Frank’s Red Hot Sauce keto?
Yes! It is a great way to add flavor to your keto recipes. It has 0 grams of net carbs!
I don’t like blue cheese, what can I substitute?
Blue cheese isn’t for everyone! You can always just leave the blue cheese crumbles out or use feta or gorgonzola in it’s place. You can replace the blue cheese dressing with homemade low carb ranch dressing . Check this list for great cheese options.
What to Serve With Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
A side salad is also a great accompaniment for this buffalo stuffed chicken. Try a strawberry spinach salad or make a simple garden salad.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and use a sharp small-bladed knife to cut a pocket into each piece, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Set chicken aside.
- Add the cream cheese and blue cheese to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Stuff each chicken piece with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the chicken in a 9″x13″ baking dish. Pour half of the buffalo sauce into a small dish. Brush it evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken registers 165 degrees.
- To serve, pour blue cheese dressing and the remaining buffalo sauce over the top of each piece.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Like it? Pin it for later
Laura is dedicated to a low-carb lifestyle after losing 52 pounds on the keto diet. As many of us do, she struggles with her weight and has found that one of the only diet lifestyles that allows her to maintain a healthy weight is a low-carb diet. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.