Keto Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect low-carb comfort food. It satisfies all your cravings without any unwanted carbs.
You won’t miss the carbs with this meal! Adding cream cheese, butter, and bacon to cauliflower makes a dish you can’t wait to eat. It’s filling and delicious, and you can eat it anytime without worrying about breaking your diet.
The best part about this dish is that you can serve it as a side dish or as a main dish. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, this dish is definitely substantial enough to serve as a main dish.
If you’re craving Mac and Cheese, but don’t want to eat the pasta, replacing it with cauliflower is a great alternative. The dish comes out tasting very much like a creamy mac and cheese. It’s irresistible.
Looking for other cauliflower dishes you can enjoy on a low-carb diet? Try this cauliflower rice. It’s a great accompaniment to grilled chicken or any stir fry – anything you’d otherwise serve with rice! I also love air fryer cauliflower as a quick snack.
Tips for Making Loaded Cauliflower
There are a few things to keep in mind when making loaded cauliflower. First of all it, it must be baked. If you try to make this on the stovetop, the cauliflower will begin to lose water and the dish will turn out runny.
I always roast the cauliflower on a sheet pan before adding it to the other ingredients in the casserole. The raw cauliflower needs a bit of extra time to cook, and roasting it adds incredible flavor while cooking it and allowing it to dry out a little bit. All three of these things are necessary for the best loaded cauliflower.
Finally, I think it’s best to add some bacon to the casserole and reserve some for the top once it’s cooked. If you add the bacon to the top of the casserole and then bake it, the bacon will get too crispy.
I have also used bacon lardons to stir into the casserole, rather than bacon strips. The lardons are thicker and meatier. Then I use crumbed bacon for the topping.
Like this recipe? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend shredded
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- Place oven rack in center and preheat to 425ºF.
- Roast cauliflower on a sheet pan in the oven for 7 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Add cream cheese, cream, butter, half the bacon crumbles and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, and stir it up.
- Transfer to casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with remaining bacon and fresh chives.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked bacon lardons for a more meaty dish.