This easy keto taco salad is piled with seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and a spicy sour cream dressing.
This Keto Taco Salad is one of the easiest lunch ideas to keep you on track with your weight loss while eating the foods you love. It’s a taco in a bowl, without the need for any high-carb taco shells or tortillas.
One of my favorite things to eat is a taco. I love all the flavors of the seasoned meat, cheese and sour cream. It’s so tasty. That’s why this salad has become a real go-to treat for me, and one that I make often.
Salads and bowls are the perfect way to stay within your daily carb count, without feeling deprived of the flavors and dishes you love. Whatever dishes I loved that had bread, I now just eat in bowl form.
This salad is great because it’s made with ingredients you likely have on hand, and it’s quick to whip up. You only need to brown the ground beef, so it makes a great summer meal too.
Ingredients in the Salad
It’s super important to have high-quality beef to make this recipe with. I’m a huge fan of the 100% grass-fed beef from ButcherBox. It’s a meat subscription box that’s delivered to your door monthly with the cuts of meat you choose. All the meat is humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones. I appreciate the peace of mind that gives.
Other ingredients I include are:
- Lettuce (romaine or iceberg work best)
- Shredded Cheddar
- Salsa & Sour Cream sauce
Rather than using a potentially sugar-filled store-bought dressing, I mix up a sour cream and salsa sauce that is super tasty on this salad.
If you like spice, chopping up a few jalapenos for the salad is another great way to boost the flavor. I like to use pickled jalapenos.
Taco seasoning can be purchased or you can mix up your own. I prefer to mix it myself because then I can adjust the flavors to suit my tastes. We have a great recipe for homemade taco seasoning on our sister site. Here’s the recipe. It has a small amount of brown sugar in it, for which you can use a brown sugar substitute, or leave it out.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Taco Salad
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups romaine lettuce torn
- 1 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar-free salsa
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble as it's cooking. Drain any grease from the pan. Add the water and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide the lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, and cilantro between the bowls. Top with ground beef.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream and salsa. Stir. Add to the top of each salad.
- Each salad has 4 net grams of carbs.
- If you don’t like sour cream, you can substitute it with this keto ranch dressing.
- We don’t add onion to this salad because onions have a higher carb count. If you want onions, just go light.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin it for later!