This easy-to-make low-carb Burger in a Bowl is piled with ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and burger sauce, so it tastes just like biting into a burger.
This Loaded Burger Bowl is one of the easiest lunch ideas to keep you on track with your weight loss while eating the foods you love. It’s a burger in a bowl, without the need for any high-carb burger buns or trying to handle a lettuce wrap burger.
One of my favorite things to eat is a burger. Who doesn’t love a good burger, right? But when you can’t eat the bun, the fun of a burger gets sucked right out. Or does it?? This Burger in a Bowl has become a go-to treat for me, and one that I make often, along with this Taco Bowl.
Salads and bowls are the perfect way to stay within your daily carb count, without feeling deprived of the flavors and dishes you love. Whatever dishes I loved that had bread, I now just eat in bowl form.
This salad is great because it’s made with ingredients you likely have on hand, and it’s quick to whip up. You only need to brown the ground beef, and do a little chopping.
Ingredients in the Burger Bowl
Other ingredients to include are:
- Lettuce – romaine or iceberg work best
- Jalapenos – if you like a little spice
- Cheese – can be melted on the burger or sprinkled on top
- Any toppings of your choice!
How to Build a Burger Bowl
All you need to do is cook the beef, chop the veggies, then put it all together in the bowl in and top it with your burger sauce. Easy peasy.
Rather than using a potentially sugar-filled store-bought dressing, I mix up a homemade burger sauce that is super tasty on this salad.
The sauce is a blend of mayonnaise and no sugar added ketchup. Super simple. You can also dress your salad with ketchup and mustard, if that’s more your style. This homemade keto thousand island dressing is great on it as well.
Alternatives and Add-ons
- Cook the meat into a patty instead of crumbles.
- Add cheese and bacon.
- Swap out the burger for ground turkey, chicken or pork.
- Add sautéed mushrooms.
How Many Carbs?
There are 6 net carbs in this Burger in a Bowl. The carbs come from the avocado, tomato, and onions for the most part.
If you’re looking for a bowl with even fewer net carbs, it’s easy to do that by leaving out the onion, or cutting down the number of tomatoes, but it’s a very healthy bowl as is. You’d really only need to cut out more carbs if you’re on a strict keto diet.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Low-Carb Burger in a Bowl
- 3 ounces ground beef
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 medium avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 small dill pickle chopped
- 1 slice onion white or red
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon no-sugar-added ketchup
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- jalapeno slices (optional) to taste
- Cook and crumble the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the veggies and arrange in a salad bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and ketchup in a bowl. Stir until combined.
- When the ground beef has cooled slightly, add it to the bowl. Pour on the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and jalapenos, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Other Low-Carb/Keto Bowl Recipes To Try
Click for Even More Bowl Recipes
Pin it for later!
Laura is dedicated to a low-carb lifestyle after losing 52 pounds on the keto diet. As many of us do, she struggles with her weight and has found that one of the only diet lifestyles that allows her to maintain a healthy weight is a low-carb diet. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.