Low Carb / Keto Meatloaf Muffins are seasoned to perfection, topped with sugar-free ketchup, and cooked in half the time of regular meatloaf for a quick and easy meal.
» You might also like these Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.
Ingredients You Need
- Ground beef: feel free to use the fat percentage you like best, just note that the amount of breadcrumbs needed may differ depending on how much fat is in your ground beef. We are using Butcher Box 85-15 for this recipe.
- Egg: the egg acts as a binding agent for the meatloaf bites.
- Worcestershire sauce: this adds a great umami flavor to the meatloaf. You could leave it out if you like.
- Almond flour: this takes the place of traditional bread crumbs to act as a binding agent.
- Garlic & Onion powder: gives a boost of flavor to the meat.
- Salt & black pepper: adjust the amount of salt and pepper used depending on your taste preferences.
- Ketchup: adds a nice sweetness to the meatloaf bites and prevents them from going dry. We used sugar-free to keep the sugar down.
If shaping them by hand, you can make them into muffin shapes, ovals, or just meatball shapes.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Meatloaf Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Making these meatloaf muffins is very simple. It will only take a few minutes to prepare. In a bowl, mix the meat together with the remaining ingredients, except for the ketchup.
Lightly pack the meat mixture into the wells of a silicon cupcake or muffin pan. You don’t want to mash it down. Overpacking it leads to meatloaf that is tough and like a brick when you cut into it. You want to give room for the juices to flow.
Cook at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and brush the tops of the meatloaves with the ketchup and cook for 10 more minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160° F. While you can go by timing alone in many cases, it’s really best to insert a meat thermometer to make sure.
Substitutions and Variations
- Not a ketchup lover? Skip the ketchup and cover the meatloaf bites in BBQ sauce, sriracha, or a ketchup-BBQ mix. Experiment with other sauces to see what kind of glaze you like.
- Swap out the ketchup for chili sauce and add red pepper flakes to the ground meat mixture.
- Add some smokiness into your meatloaf bites by mixing in some bacon. Cut the pieces big, so you get lovely chunks of bacon inside.
- Give the meatloaf bites a nice gooey texture by filling it with shredded cheese. You can use mozzarella, cheddar, or something spicy like Monterey Jack. Anything goes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know when it’s done cooking?
The best way to check if the meat is done is with a meat thermometer. The middle of the meatloaf should reach 160°F. There should be no pink in the center of the meatloaf.
Can I make them in the air fryer?
Yes, you can make these meatloaf muffins in the air fryer. Follow the same instructions as the oven, but place them into a silicon egg mold. Cook at 380° for 5 minutes. Glaze the bites and cook for another 2 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Low Carb / Keto Meatloaf Muffins
- Cupcake tin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray or grease the wells. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except for the ketchup.
- Fill each well 3/4 full of meatloaf mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes, top with ketchup if desired, and cook 10 minutes or until the center of the beef registers 160° F on a meat thermometer.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Like it? Pin it!
Laura is an avid home cook and recipe creator. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.