This flavorful dip is so creamy and delicious, made with cream cheese, shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, blue cheese and shredded mozzarella.
This dip is packed with flavor and so low in carbs that you won’t believe it’s allowed on any diet. It’s my go-to dip for parties, because it’s 100% keto friendly but still a huge crowd pleaser.
When you’re looking for a great dip for game day or appetizer that’s low-carb, this Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is everyone’s favorite. It’ll be the first to be eaten and guests will be asking for the recipe. It happens every time.
The great thing about this recipe is that all the ingredients are low in carbs and you can use low-carb veggies like cucumbers and celery as dippers. It’s kind of a no-brainer. You might also like this keto spinach artichoke dip.
Ingredients You’ll Need
All the classic ingredients here!
- Cream cheese – Softened
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – You can find this at your local grocery store. It’s a great low carb sauce.
- Butter – Softened
- Chicken – Use any chicken you have. It needs to be cooked and shredded. This recipe is great for leftover chicken.
- Blue cheese dressing – We use this homemade blue cheese dressing because we know everything in it so there is no hidden sugar to through you off.
- Blue cheese crumbles – We love blue cheese. Use big crumbles or tiny ones. It’s up to you and your tastes.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
First of all, you don’t have to add chicken to this dip. I’ve had a lot of people ask for a buffalo dip without chicken. It’s perfectly find to leave it out.
If you do want chicken in your dip, start by cooking and shredding the chicken.
Start by preheating your oven to 350° F.
In a saucepan, add the cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and butter. Stir it with a spatula until it’s melted and creamy. Then add in the shredded chicken, half of the shredded mozzarella, and the blue cheese dressing.
I always reserve the blue cheese crumbles to sprinkle on the top, but that’s up to you.
Stir it all together, then take it off the heat and pour it into a baking dish or ramekin. Top it with the remaining mozzarella.
You need to bake the dip for in the oven for about 15 minutes.
What to Serve Buffalo Dip With
I suggest serving this dip with low carb veggies, like cucumbers, celery, broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper slices.
But here’s the genius of this dip. If you’re serving it to others, you can also include crackers and sliced baguette. Everyone loves this dip, so those who aren’t on a keto diet won’t even know you’ve brought a keto dip.
If I have left over dip (which never happens), I like to make buffalo stuffed peppers with it.
Love these flavors? Try these recipes:
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- The Best Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
Tips and Notes
- The dip itself has less than 1 gram of carbs per serving. The dipping vegetables will contain additional carbs.
- Try dipping pork rids in the dip for a salty crunch.
- You don’t have to add chicken to this dip. It’s perfectly find to leave it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Frank’s Red Hot Sauce keto?
Yes! It is a great way to add flavor to your keto recipes. It has 0 grams of net carbs!
I don’t like blue cheese, what can I substitute?
Blue cheese isn’t for everyone! Substitute this homemade low carb ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing. Just leave the blue cheese crumbles out or add some cheddar cheese in it’s place. Check this list for great cheese options.
Can I Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can mix up the buffalo dip in the saucepan, then add it to your baking dish and then pause at that stage. Cover the dish with tin foil or plastic wrap and put it in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to use it.
Then all you need to do is put it in the oven. If it’s been in the refrigerator, it will take 20 minutes to bake, instead of 15. And if it’s frozen, it will take 30-35 minutes to bake.
If you’re freezing it, be sure your baking dish can handle the change from cold to hot, so it doesn’t shatter in the oven.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella divided
- 1/4 cup Blue cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan, combine cream cheese, hot sauce, and butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken, 1/2 the mozzarella, and blue cheese dressing. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour the mixture into a ramekin or small baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese, if desired. Serve with low carb veggies.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin it for later
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Laura is dedicated to a low-carb lifestyle after losing 52 pounds on the keto diet. As many of us do, she struggles with her weight and has found that one of the only diet lifestyles that allows her to maintain a healthy weight is a low-carb diet. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.