This Keto Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole is super cheesy, creamy, and just a bit spicy. It makes a great side dish or main dish.
Cauliflower is so versatile on a low-carb or keto diet because it’s the perfect vehicle for a lot of different flavors. Best of all, you can use it in place of pasta, which is what we did in this dish.
>> Looking for more great chicken casserole recipes? You might like to try one of these Keto & Low Carb Chicken Casserole Recipes.
I love a good casserole, but the pasta is out. So what else would we use except cauliflower! It’s goes really well with the flavors in this dish, and cauliflower is very low in carbs.
One serving has just 4 net carbs.
If you’re worried that the cauliflower taste will overwhelm the other flavors, it’s not a problem. The cauliflower taste and sometimes strong smell that’s associated with it are virtually undetectable in this dish.
How to Make Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole
The key to this casserole is roasting the cauliflower before baking the casserole. This allows the natural sugars to come out in the cauliflower, which transforms the flavor, texture, and aroma of the vegetable. It also keeps the casserole from becoming watery.
You can also limit the spiciness of the casserole by removing the seeds and pith (the white ribs of the pepper). If you only want the taste of pepper and no spice, remove them all.
Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Spread it out on a baking sheet and bake it for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then remove the cauliflower from the oven and turn the temperature down to 375 degrees.
Add the cauliflower to a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir it well. Pour the cauliflower mixture into a baking dish. Add the the jalapeno pieces and crumbled bacon, then top with shredded cheddar.
Bake the casserole for 15 minutes. The cheese should be bubbling on top, but not browned.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 jalapenos (seeds and veins removed) roughly chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the temperature down to 375 degrees (190C).
- Add the cauliflower to a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture into a baking dish. Add the the jalapeno pieces and crumbled bacon, then top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The cheese should be bubbling on top, but not browned.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.