Everything Bagel Chicken is a delicious dish made with chicken breast coated in Everything Bagel seasoning. It’s a simple, yet flavorful meal that you’ll come back to again and again.
» You might also like these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.
When you need a quick dinner but you don’t want to serve plain chicken breast yet again, this Everything Bagel Chicken is the way to go. Everything Bagel Chicken is also incredibly versatile, you can even make it with salmon. Serve it as a main dish with a side of vegetables or salad, or use it as a topping for a salad or sandwich.
This dish is a unique twist on traditional breaded chicken, making it a great option for when you’re looking to switch things up in the kitchen. The crunchy topping adds a lot of flavor and texture.
This everything bagel chicken is not only tasty, but a quick and healthy meal. It cooks in less than 30 minutes, it’s high in protein, and works well with a low-carb diet. There are many different brands of Everything Bagel seasoning now to choose from, as well.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – In this recipe, boneless and skinless chicken breasts work best. If preferred, use chicken thighs instead.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – I love using this seasoning! Here is the link to purchase it on Amazon. You can find many different brands of this seasoning, so go with the one you like best.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Olive oil gives a lovely herbal flavor, so it’s important to choose a high-quality variety. It also helps the seasoning stick to the chicken.
I’m a huge fan of the 100% grass-fed, organic meat from FarmFoods. It’s a great way to get healthy meat you can trust straight from the farmers, delivered to your door. You choose the meat you want. All the meat is humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones. I appreciate the peace of mind that gives.
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9”x13” baking pan or line it with parchment paper to make clean up easier.
Pour the Everything Bagel seasoning onto a plate that’s big enough to dredge the chicken on.
Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil, then roll each one in the seasoning on the plate until it’s well coated on all sides.
Place the chicken into the baking pan and bake it for 30 minutes or until it’s thoroughly cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken must reach 165°F to be done. The best way to know this for sure is to measure the temperature with a meat thermometer.
Once it’s reached the proper temperature, remove it from oven and rest the chicken on a plate for 5 minutes before serving. You can serve it as a whole piece, or slice it to serve.
Additional Helpful Tips
- Butterfly and flatten the chicken breasts to ensure even cooking.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The chicken can be easily reheated in the oven, on the stove top or in the air fryer.
- You can coat the chicken with the seasoning and store it in the refrigerator for a few hours before baking it. This will allow the breading to stick to the chicken better and result in a crispier texture.
- Cut the Everything Bagel Chicken into small pieces and place it over a bed of greens, veggies, and your favorite dressing to make a delicious salad.
- Use an internal thermometer to make sure the chicken is done. I use a Thermopen digital meat thermometer to measure temps of meat and poultry in the oven.
Where Do I Find Everything Bagel Seasoning?
It’s possible to find Everything Bagel Seasoning at most grocery stores today. I’ve seen a number of different brands, like Trader Joes, Newman’s Own, McCormick, and Einstein Bros.
You can also buy it online if you can’t find it. I use this one from Amazon.
You can make your own everything bagel seasoning by mixing together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt. It’s useful in so many ways that you might find it good to have on hand.
By the way, this seasoning is great on veggies such as green beans, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze the chicken?
Yes, you can freeze this Everything But the Bagel Chicken by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe container. To reheat, bake the chicken in the oven at 400°F until it is crispy and heated through.
Can I air fry the chicken instead of baking it?
Yes, you can air fry the chicken at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through.
What to Serve With This Dish?
If you’re looking for a great side dish to serve alongside this main dish, why not try one of these recipes below. They will compliment this main dish very well and are all low in carbs so you can make a great keto or low-carb meal to enjoy.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9”x13” baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Pour the seasoning onto a plate.
- Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Roll the chicken breasts in the seasoning on the plate until well coated on all sides.
- Place the chicken into the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature of the chicken must reach 165°F. Remove from oven and rest on a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Seasoning link: https://amzn.to/3R89vfJ
- You can also use chicken thighs. Leave the skin on your chicken for a crispier result.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Laura is dedicated to a low-carb lifestyle after losing 52 pounds on the keto diet. As many of us do, she struggles with her weight and has found that one of the only diet lifestyles that allows her to maintain a healthy weight is a low-carb diet. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.