For a light and delicious dinner, you can’t beat this low-carb Everything Bagel Salmon, made with fresh Atlantic salmon filets and our favorite Everything Bagel seasoning.
If you’re looking to spice up your salmon game, Everything Bagel Salmon is the perfect recipe to try. This dish combines the fresh and healthy flavors of salmon with the bold and savory taste of everything bagel seasoning, resulting in a unique and delicious meal that’s sure to impress. You can try this recipe with chicken as well.
Another great thing about this recipe is its versatility. It pairs well with a variety of sides, from roasted vegetables to a simple green salad. You can also cut the salmon into smaller chunks and serve it as an appetizer.
Salmon is an excellent food choice for those following a keto diet. One of the main benefits of salmon is its high protein content, with a 3-ounce serving containing approximately 22 grams of protein. Whether you’re grilling, baking, or broiling it, salmon is a versatile and nutritious food that should be a staple in any keto meal plan.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Salmon Filets (skin removed) – You can use any type of salmon you like, but try to find a wild salmon that’s not farm-raised. It’s better for you and the environment.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – You can purchase the seasoning here. There are many brands selling this seasoning now. I suggest trying a few to find the one you like most.
- Salt – Sometimes the bagel seasoning has salt in it so check the label before adding any additional salt.
How to Make Everything Bagel Salmon
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9”x13” baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
Pour the seasoning onto a plate. Coat the salmon with olive oil, then roll the salmon in the seasoning on the plate until it’s well coated on all sides.
Place the salmon into the baking pan and bake for 8 – 15 minutes or until your desired doneness. For food safety, the internal temperature of the salmon should reach 125°F. I don’t like to go much above that because the salmon can easily get dry above 130° F, but that’s up to you.
Remove it from the oven and serve it hot with your preferred sides.
Cooking on the Stovetop
If you don’t want to bake it in the oven, then cook the salmon skin side down in the pan for 3 – 4 minutes on medium-high, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 3 minutes. Then, flip the salmon so the everything bagel crust is face-down, and cook for another 3 minutes.
Cooking in the Air Fryer
You can also air fryer everything bagel salmon. Preheat your air fryer to 380°F, add your crusted salmon fillets skin side down into the basket, and the air fryer for 8 – 12 minutes. I recommend checking at the 6-minute mark to ensure the salmon is cooking properly. There is no need to flip it!
Additional Helpful Tips
- You can also use skin on salmon, but you’ll want to sear it for 3 minutes, skin down on a pan before moving to the oven. Cook in the oven for just 5-8 minutes.
- Pat the salmon fillet dry with paper towels before seasoning it with everything bagel seasoning. This will help the seasoning stick to the salmon better and create a crispier crust.
- Use fresh, high-quality salmon for the best results.
- Let the salmon rest for a few minutes after baking to allow the juices to redistribute and the flavors to meld together. This will also help prevent the salmon from drying out.
Storing: Store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat this salmon in the oven, toaster oven, air fryer, or microwave. For best results, reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 – 5 minutes or in your oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5 – 8 minutes. I avoid the microwave because the crust can get soggy, but if you are in a rush, reheat for 60 – 90 seconds until warm.
Freezing: This salmon can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. However, it’s important to note that the texture and quality of the salmon may be affected after freezing and thawing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is everything bagel seasoning?
Everything bagel seasoning is a blend of spices and herbs typically found on an everything bagel, including sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt.
Can I use frozen salmon for everything bagel salmon?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon for everything bagel salmon. Just be sure to thaw it properly before seasoning and baking.
Can I make everything bagel seasoning at home?
Yes, you can make everything bagel seasoning at home by combining sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt in a bowl. You can adjust the ratios to your liking.
Can I make everything bagel salmon on the grill?
Yes, you can make everything bagel salmon on the grill by placing the seasoned salmon fillet on a piece of foil or a grill pan and grilling it over medium-high heat until cooked through.
What To Serve With Salmon
While it makes for an easy main dish, it can be difficult to find side dishes to serve alongside it. Pairing salmon with any of these flavorful side dishes will help you create a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
- Korean-Style Cucumber Salad
- Low Carb Green Beans with Pesto and Feta
- Keto Orange Sauce Brussels Sprouts
For Even More Side Dishes to Serve with Salmon
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Everything Bagel Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets skin off
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9”x13” baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Pour the seasoning onto a plate. Coat the salmon with olive oil. Roll the salmon in the seasoning on the plate until well coated on all sides.
- Place the salmon into the baking pan and bake for 8-15 minutes or until your desired doneness. Internal temperature of the salmon should reach 125°F.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.