This air fryer chicken and broccoli has a light Asian-inspired sauce that adds a delightful flavor to a light, low-carb meal, and it’s quick to make in the air fryer.
If you’re looking for a new way to make chicken and broccoli, and have it be healthy and delicious, this air fryer meal is a great way to go. You just chop the broccoli and chicken into bite-sized pieces, toss them with the sauce, and cook them in the air fryer. You might also try this broccoli stuffed chicken breast.
Super simple, yet so flavorful and you don’t have to worry about the amount of carbs you’re consuming. I find this meal to be perfect for the family because it can be served with or without rice to suit different diets.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The sauce on this dish is very tasty and adds a little more pizzazz to your meal, but you can leave it off, if you like, for a lower-calorie option.
The only things you’ll need are:
- Chicken – Mix it up by using breast or thigh meat.
- Broccoli – A head of broccoli is perfect for 4 servings. You could also use different types of broccoli, like purple sprouting broccoli.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Sriracha – I prefer Huy Fung Foods Sriracha with the rooster on the bottle. Another brand that’s good is Flying Goose Sriracha with the goose on the bottle.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken & Broccoli
When you’re chopping your chicken and broccoli, try to make them roughly the same size pieces so they cook at the same rate. If you cut one smaller than the other, it could lead to one being done before the other.
Combine the chicken and broccoli in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. There is no sugar in this sauce, but if you feel that it needs a bit of sweetness, you could add a small amount of sugar substitute, to reach your desired sweetness level.
I use allulose as a sugar substitute. You can use Swerve, monkfruit, Erythritol or Xylitol. It’s really up to you. The reason I use allulose is because it’s a no calorie no carb sweetener like erythritol, but it doesn’t have the cooling effect. I get allulose directly through Wholesome Yum. I think you’ll really like it, especially if you also don’t like the cooling effect.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli in the bowl and toss to coat. You don’t need to spray the basket with oil because the food has already been coated with spray. If you want to use a parchment paper liner, that can make clean up quite a bit easier.
Add the chicken and broccoli to the air fryer. Cook on 370°F (185°C) for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cook meat and vegetables together in the air fryer?
Yes. The air fryer is a great tool for cooking full meals. You can add your veggies and meat at the same time. Follow the recipe directions so that you don’t overcook one or the other.
Do I have to preheat my air fryer?
It’s not necessary to preheat the air fryer before cooking. If you do, it could change the cook time of your recipe. Only preheat if the recipe you’re following says to do so.
Tips and Notes
- You can leave off the marinade if you wish and just season with salt and pepper.
- Use chicken breast or thigh meat.
- If you cut the chicken into larger pieces, they may need more time to cook through.
- Chicken should reach internal temp of 175 °F.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the chicken and broccoli in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the air fryer. Cook on 370°F (185°C) for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
Use chicken breast or thigh meat.
If you cut the chicken into larger pieces, they may need more time to cook through. Chicken should reach internal temp of 175 °F.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Other Chicken Recipes To Try
Click for Even More Recipes
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Pin it for later!
Laura is an avid home cook and recipe creator. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.