These Keto Oreo Cheesecake Bites are a fun dessert to keep in the freezer for when a craving hits or when you need to boost your diet with a fat bomb.
Using almond flour and cocoa powder as a crumble for cheesecake enables you to make many different types of cheesecake desserts. The crumble makes a great base that tastes similar to crumbled Oreos.
How to Make Keto Oreo Cheesecake Bites
You’ll need a mini muffin pan to lined with cupcake liners. The pan is there just to provide stability for the cups as you fill them. If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you can just use two cupcake liners, which will keep them stiff enough to hold the ingredients without collapsing.
First thing is to prepare the “Oreo” crust. To keep this dessert keto-friendly, we use almond flour mixed with butter and cocoa powder, instead of actual Oreo crumbles.
To give the almond flour a bit more taste, toast it until golden brown in a small skillet over medium heat, approximately 3-5 minutes. Let it cool before adding it to a small bowl with melted butter and cocoa powder. Stir it all together to form a crumble.
Add about a tablespoon of the crust mixture to each cupcake liner. Press the crust down to compact it. There should be about 1/3 of the crust remaining, which you’ll add to the filling and sprinkle over the top of the bites.
For the filling, whip the cream cheese, butter and coconut oil together until it’s well mixed and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the remaining filling ingredients, plus all but 1 teaspoon of the leftover crust mixture.
Add the filling on top of the crust in each of the cupcake liners. Using the back of a spoon, even out the filling so the top is uniform and flat.
Sprinkle the remaining crust over the tops of the bites.
Place the bites in the freezer for at least an hour to firm them up. For this stage, I remove the cupcake liners from the muffin tin and put them on a plate, since they fit better in my freezer that way. If you have room, you can put the whole muffin tin in the freezer.
When the bites are ready, they’ll be rather firm so you can remove the cupcake liner and bite into them.
The Oreo Cheesecake Bites can be left in the freezer until you wish to eat them, for up to a month, as long as they’re well wrapped to avoid freezer burn.
We’ve found that you have to take them out of the freezer about 10 minutes before serving them, so they can thaw enough to bite into.
Each Keto Oreo Cheesecake Bite has 130 calories and contains only 1 net carb.
Other Keto Desserts to Try
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Oreo Cheesecake Bites
For the Crust
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp salted butter softened or melted, but not hot
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol
- ⅛ tsp salt
For the Filling
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tbsp powdered erythritol
- Line a mini cupcake or muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Thoroughly mix the toasted almond flour with the rest of the crust ingredients in a small bowl, until it is well combined and forms little pebbles.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the crust mixture to each cupcake liner. Press the crust down to compact it. There should be about ⅓ of the crust remaining.
- For the filling, whip the cream cheese, butter and coconut oil together until it’s well mixed and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients, plus all but 1 tsp of the leftover crust mixture.
- Evenly distribute the filling into each cupcake liner and smooth it out so there’s an even surface on top. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining crust mixture.
- Freeze for at least 60 minutes to harden and set the filling before eating.
- The bites can be stored in a container or freezer bag for up to a month.
- You can adjust the sweetness of these bites by using more or less sweetener.
- If you substitute your favorite sweetener, be sure to taste each component to reach your desired level of sweetness, keeping in mind that other sweeteners may require more or less volume, depending on their potency.
Read More About a Low-Carb Lifestyle
Pin for later