This Cashew Pork Stir Fry is crispy, sweet and spicy all in one plate. The addition of the cashews adds an extra textural element that makes this dish irresistible.
If you love stir fry for its simplicity and flavor, you’ll really love this dish. It has all the elements we love about stir fry and it really makes a satisfying meal that’s packed with flavor, but also low in carbs.
Try these 9 Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes if you are looking for more dinner inspiration.
We don’t miss the rice with this dish at all. On occasion, I’ve served it with cauliflower rice or shirataki rice, but to be honest, it really doesn’t need it. The pork, red bell peppers, bok choy, and cashews make a great meal on their own.
There are about 7 grams of carbs in this meal, mostly coming from the red bell pepper, so you don’t have to worry about bad carbs in this dish.
What Cut of Pork to Use
I prefer to use pork loin for this recipe. It’s a nice meaty cut that’s very lean. You could also use a pork shoulder or sliced pork steak, if those are easier to find. If you love pork chops give this bone in pork rib chop recipe a try.
The pork is sliced into small chunks that are bite-sized. There’s no need to thinly slice the meat.
If you prefer, this recipe can be made with chicken or beef. Or make it vegetarian with sliced portabello mushrooms.
Equipment to Use
If you’re making stir fry at home, or many other kinds of Asian dishes, you really need a good wok to cook it in.
If you don’t already have one, this Japanese carbon steel wok from Food52 is one of our favorites. It’s constructed from tough carbon steel that’s been tempered and blasted, so nothing will stick to it and the coating won’t flake off.
Using a wok over high heat is what allows you to get that good dark coloring on the pork and a bit of a char on the veggies, without overcooking them. You don’t want the veggies to be too soft, so you have to cook them over at least medium-high heat to get a nice coloring.
Other recipes to try
- Low Carb Supreme Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Ground Beef & Broccoli
- Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Low Carb Ground Chicken Pizza Crust
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Cashew Pork Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin cut into small pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch baby Bok choy leaves separated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos*
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat half the olive oil in a wok or a large frying pan with high sides over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is nicely browned on all sides, around 3-4 minutes. Remove from the wok.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the wok. Add bell pepper, green onion, ginger, cashews and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir fry the veggies until they become crisp-tender, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork back to the wok, along with the bok choy, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Continue to stir fry until the bok choy wilts and the other ingredients are coated, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual serving plates. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, if desired, and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.