These keto sausage & egg breakfast bowls are packed with protein, healthy fat, and veggies so you’ll get a great start to the day without the carbs.
Breakfast can be difficult on a keto diet, because many of the breakfast items that were a go-to are too carb-heavy. That’s why we love these breakfast bowls. You’ll get eggs, sausage, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, and cheese in one delicious bowl.
What Ingredients to Add
These breakfast bowls are quite versatile, so you can add whatever ingredients you want and change them up so you’re not always eating the same thing.
- Fried, scrambled, or hard boiled eggs
- Cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, feta cheese, goat’s cheese, mozzarella balls
- Sausage, bacon, ham
- Spinach, kale, tomatoes, onion
- Cilantro, red pepper flakes, green onions, cumin, everything bagel seasoning
How to Put Together a Keto Breakfast Bowl
Each component of this dish needs to be cooked separately and then added to the bowl. I use just one pan for this (a 10″ frying pan is perfect) and cook one element at a time. You can use more pans, if you want to speed up the process. I don’t just because it’s more to clean up.
One of the most important things to remember is to season each component individually. This will give the best overall flavor to the composed dish. Just a sprinkle of salt on the mushrooms, spinach and eggs goes a long way.
Cook and crumble the sausage, then remove the sausage to a plate. Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with a sprinkle of salt and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
I’m a huge fan of the 100% grass-fed, organic meat from FarmFoods. It’s a great way to get healthy meat you can trust straight from the farmers, delivered to your door. You choose the meat you want. All the meat is humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones. I appreciate the peace of mind that gives.
Add the spinach to pan and sauté until wilted. Season with a sprinkle of salt. Remove from the pan. Wipe the pan with a paper towel to remove any browned bits and grease.
Melt the butter in the pan and cook the eggs sunny side up. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the sausage, mushrooms, spinach and shredded cheddar in piles in a small bowl. Top with the egg and sliced avocado.
You can top the bowl with any seasonings or garnishes you like. A sprinkle of sliced green onion and some red pepper flakes, or a sprinkle of cumin and some salsa. It’s up to you!
Breakfast Meal Prep
These bowls are great for weekly breakfast meal prep. You can make a large amount of each component, make up the bowls and put them in the fridge to have for breakfast each morning. Since you’re going to spend the time making each piece, it’s nice to get more mileage out of the prep work.
If you have a few reusable containers, you can store the bowls in the fridge and just grab one to go each morning. They are easily reheated in the microwave, in just 30 seconds.
More Recipes from Delightfully Low Carb
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Keto Breakfast Bowls
- 8 oz ground sausage
- 8 mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a pan. Remove the sausage to a plate. Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with a sprinkle of salt and saute until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms. Add the spinach to pan and saute until wilted. Season with a sprinkle of salt. Remove from the pan. Wipe the pan with a paper towel to remove any browned bits and grease.
- Melt the butter in the pan and cook the eggs over easy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage, mushrooms, spinach and shredded cheddar in piles in a small bowl. Top with the egg and sliced avocado.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Like it? Pin it for later!
Laura is an avid home cook and recipe creator. She shares her favorite low-carb recipes here that are both easy to make and full of flavor, so you don’t even miss the carbs.