- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Allulose or Erythritol or Swerve
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or frozen
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Add muffin liners to 8 slots in a muffin tin.
In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Blend together.
Mix in the eggs, almond milk and sour cream. Stir until well combined and no lumps remain. Gently stir in the blueberries.
Fill the muffin cups to the top of the liners.
Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Muffins are done when golden on top and no longer spongy. Note: if using frozen blueberries, increase cook time to 26-28 minutes.
- The xanthan gum is optional. It adds more firmness to the muffins, making them more consistent with regular flour muffins. The texture is still very good, but more crumbly without it. You can substitute with gelatin (1/2 teaspoon), if you want.
- Sour cream can be substituted with plain full-fat greek yogurt.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.