8"x8" baking dish
- 3 slices keto bread cubed (75g)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz ground sausage
- ½ cup celery chopped (75g)
- ⅓ cup onion chopped (50g)
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter 40g
- ½ cup chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Lightly oil an 8x8” baking dish.
Spread the cubed bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and transfer to the baking dish.
Meanwhile, crumble and brown the sausage in a skillet on medium high heat. When almost cooked through, add the celery, onion, and mushroom. Cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat. Add the garlic. Stir in the salt, rosemary, thyme and pepper.
Transfer the sausage mixture to the baking dish.
Drizzle the butter evenly over the top of the mixture. Then drizzle on the chicken stock. Stir well to coat.
Cover the dish with foil and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and stir. Return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- You can make your own low-carb bread or buy one. Look for a bread that is not too dense.
- A sausage meat that is seasoned is the best option from a taste perspective. Try something like Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage.
- You can make this without the bread. Just double the amount of sausage.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.