- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt more, to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 green onion sliced for garnish
Cut the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems.
Add the water and white vinegar to a large pot. Add a steamer basket and fill with cauliflower.
Steam for 10-15 minutes, until very tender.
Add butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Blend with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender or food processor to blend) until smooth.
Reheat over low heat until ready to serve. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
- Don't use the stems of the cauliflower for the smoothest mash.
- Add white vinegar to the steam water to reduce the cauliflower smell.
- You can substitute sour cream or heavy whipping cream for the cream cheese if you want.
- Be sure to check the mash for seasoning and add more salt if necessary. Cauliflower needs a lot of salt.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 264mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.