- 8 1/2" thick pork rib chops (bone in)
- 1 tbsp green and pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Pat the chops dry.
Crush the peppercorns with a meat mallet or heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with salt and peppercorns.
Heat the oil a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the pork chops. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned.
- The pork must be dry in order to brown in the skillet, so make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel before adding the seasoning.
- Don't move the chops in the pan. Moving them around prevents them from getting browned.
- If you don't have a big enough skillet to cook all 8 chops without crowding them, cook them in two batches. They won't brown properly if crowded.
Serving: 2chops | Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.