- 2 large avocados
- 4 small eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
Pre-heat the oven to 400° F.
Cut open the avocados, remove the pin, and scrape out a portion of the inside of the fruit.
Crack an egg into each avocado half. Season with salt and pepper. Drop the crumbled bacon on top of the eggs.
Place the avocados on a baking sheet. If they don't stand up right, create a holder out of a bit of tin foil to put under them.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the whites of the egg are set.
- Buy large avocados and small eggs.
- Save the scooped out avocado for another use. Guacamole is our favorite choice.
- You may have to bake these longer for a firmer yolk.
- These can be made ahead and heated up when ready to serve, or eat it cold! It's just as good.
- If you reheat in the oven, be very careful. The eggs can explode in the microwave.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 352IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.