- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- coconut oil
- butter for serving
- sugar-free maple syrup
- fresh berries
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
Add the sifted coconut flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients without overworking the batter.
Melt a small amount of coconut oil in a large, hot non-stick skillet or griddle and pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook until the pancakes are set and the edges turn a deeper golden color, around 1-2 minutes.
Gently flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- For avoid lumps, sift the coconut flour before adding to the batter. If you don’t have a sifter, pour flour into a fine-mesh sieve and gently shake over the bowl.
- For an extra bit of sweetness, sprinkle confectioner’s sugar substitute like powdered Erythritol over the pancakes.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.