- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (160g)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (30ml)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup almond flour (85ml)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2.5ml)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese together in a bowl. Stir to incorporate the two ingredients together. Microwave for a total of 90 seconds, in 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
Beat the egg, then add it to the bowl, along with the almond flour and baking powder. Stir it all together. Knead the dough either by hand or in a food processor or stand mixer with the dough paddle, until the dough is uniform and all the ingredients have been well blended together.
Roll out the dough. It can be as thick or thin as you like. Put it on a baking sheet with a parchment paper lining, or on a pizza stone. Poke the dough 5-6 times with a fork or knife, so bubbles don't form in the dough.
Bake for 8 minutes, or until the dough becomes slightly golden on top. Remove it from the oven. Add your preferred toppings and bake until the toppings are hot and bubbly.
- If you don't want to use the microwave, you can heat the cheese with a double broiler pan on the stove top. Add the cheese to a glass mixing bowl and set it on top of a sauce pan with simmer water. Stir until combined.
- The dough will be quite sticky and may stick to your hands and the rolling pin. You can add a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- The original recipe does not call for baking powder. You can leave it out with no repercussions.
- If you're using a baking sheet, do not line it with tin foil. It will stick.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 363mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 441IU | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 1mg
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.