Enjoy the flavors of a cheeseburger in a piping hot bowl of this delicious low-carb bacon cheeseburger soup.
I was pretty skeptical before I made this soup for the first time. I love cheese burgers and I desperately miss them while I’m eating low-carb, but it just didn’t sound like it would make a very tasty soup.
I was so wrong.
If you are missing cheeseburgers also you might want to try these Air Fryer Hamburger Stuffed Mushrooms.
This is now one of my favorite soups and it’s perfect for low-carb eaters, because the simple ingredients are all low- or no-carb stars.
You can even turn this into a bacon cheeseburger! With loads of cheese, bacon, hamburger, and onions, it’s as close to a cheeseburger as you can get in a soup.
How to Make Low-Carb Cheeseburger Soup
This soup can be made any way you like – on the stove top, in the Instant Pot, or in the slow cooker. Adjustments only need to be made to how much time you cook it for, depending which method you choose.
This soup can all be made in one pot. Use a 3-quart stock pot. Start by browning the ground beef. The more browned, the better, because all those crisp brown edges lead to increased flavor.
Next add the cauliflower, celery and onion to the pot. Stir a few times so the beef doesn’t burn on the bottom of the ban. Saute for about 5 minutes. Then you can add the garlic and saute for another minute.
Now add the beef broth, salt and pepper to the pot and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook for around 10 minutes to build flavor.
Turn the heat to low. The liquid cannot be boiling at this point, or the cream and cheese will curdle. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is all melted.
If you’d like to thicken the soup, add the xanthan gum and stir well to incorporate. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
Serve the soup with the bacon crumbles on top. You can also add extra shredded cheese, some crispy onions and chopped pickles, if you want it to taste even more like a burger.
Can Leftovers Be Frozen?
Absolutely, you can freeze this soup. When you heat it back up, you want to do it gradually and while stirring, so the cream doesn’t break. Again, don’t bring it to a boil when reheating.
Other recipes to try
- Super Easy Low Carb Pizza Sauce and Keto Crust
- Keto Eggplant Lasagna
- Loaded Cauliflower Baked Casserole
Like this post? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum optional thickener
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- Additional cheese and pickles for garnish
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. When mostly done, add the cauliflower, celery, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic.
- Pour the beef broth into the pot, along with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Do not allow the liquid to boil. Add the shredded cheese. Stir until fully melted. Add the xanthan gum, if using. Stir until incorporated. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top. Add extra shredded cheese and chopped pickle on top, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.